THE ULTIMATE KIDS CHICKEN NUGGETS
Straight out of the gate this recipe is a banger! It’s quick, it’s easy and the kids go mental over them.
For a recipe that’s one-dimensional, there’s a lot you can do with spices and crumbing that really give you a lot of versatility so that all of you dads can enjoy them too.
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve made them for myself and mates when we’re watching the footy. They’re just that good!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
500g of chicken (can go up to 1kg depending on the crowd). I recommend using breast fillet but you could get away with thigh fillets if you had your arm twisted behind your back.
1 box of Corn Flour
1 box of Bread Crumbs
1 teaspoon soy sauce or substitute
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Chop chicken into small pieces. It really doesn’t matter how big. But remember, you’re making nuggets. Keep it simple!
2. Grab a medium size bowl, put in the eggs, paprika, soy sauce, salt and pepper and pretty much any other spices you’d like to include. No holds barred!
3. Mix like a madman.
4. Pop all the chicken into the bowl, use your hands to mix the sauce all through the chicken.
5. (Optional) If you have the time, let it marinade for 1-2 hours. If you don’t have the time, turn on that pan!
6. Pour out some corn flour and bread crumbs into separate bowls.
7. Grab a chicken nugget, dip into the corn flour, then again into the bread crumbs (you may need to dip into the sauce but usually you can go straight from corn flour into the crumbs.